Dedications, Ceremonies and Commissionings
MetadataShow full item record
This brown bag history highlights some of the important antecedents for the Naval Postgraduate School’s campus opening ceremony in 1952 and included first-hand accounts from pioneers who helped make Navy and NPS history. John Sanders, Gary Laughlin, Dr. George Haltiner, Mary Haltiner and Dr. Conley Smith tell the compelling story of the Navy at Del Monte – from the commissioning of a World War II aviation command to the subsequent establishment of a line school, followed by the arrival of the Naval Postgraduate School. This brown bag history program was co-sponsored by the Office of Institutional Advancement and the Dudley Knox Library.